maandag 22 september 2014

Explore the world! *Maja Design*

With my girl leaving the nest for her study oversea in mind, I made these two suitcases.
She is on a journey to explore the world!!

I used the Vintage Autumn and Vintage Summer collection for this project.

I first started to paint the suitcases with watered ink.
The bleu paper is from the Summer collection, 1921 and 
the brown paper is from the Autumn collection, No. VIII.
Distressed all the edges.
The metal embellishments are from Prima.

Group of different flowers:
The big white one is from 13Arts, the blue tulle one from Prima,
the lace one I found online and the small roses (which were white)
were painted with Shimmerz coloringz, Mama sings the Blues.

I cut the air balloon from the No.XIV sheet.

And a piece of an old neck lace for an extra touch.

The butterfly and the gears chipboard are from a Dutch online store, Scrap-Unlimited.
The butterfly got 2 coats of gesso and was a bit overheated  for a more textured effect.
The tiny fleur de lis is chipboard from Dusty Attic.

The gears were also painted with some watered black ink.

I punched some flowers from the No.VIII sheet and distressed the edges.

Top view.

No. VIII and No. XIV

1921

Enjoy your day! 
Ingrid xxx

4 opmerkingen: